Sugar and Cancer
If you have cancer or know and care about someone that is suffering from cancer, please read and share this article.
In most cases, the consumption of sugar WILL increase the pace that cancerous tumours will grow. Here is why:
1. Tumours actually have their own insulin receptors and when we consume any form of sugar (including fructose), it gets shuttled into the tumour.
2. Glucose is energy and can fuel the tumour to grow.
3. Excessive sugar/glycogen in your blood will make your body acidic, a perfect growing condition for cancer cells to thrive.
4. When we break down sugars in the body, lactic acid is created as a bi-product. This makes your body even more acidic.
5. Cancerous tumours themselves, create more acid by the way of lactic acid.
However, cancer cells struggle to grow in an alkaline environment and even can decline.
So what can you do?
1. Avoid adding any form of sugar to your diet. This includes fruit juices, brown or raw sugar, high fructose corn syrup and of course sucrose from white table sugar.
2. Limit products that get broken down into blood sugar very quickly. Eg. Pasta made from processed white flour gets broken down almost immediately and although it doesn’t contain sugar, it converts to glycogen in the body and can fuel cancer cells.
3. Never consume fruit juices. Yes they have antioxidants, but they are also full of easy to absorb sugar. Eat a piece of fruit instead that still has its fibre intact. Supplement vitamins and minerals.
4. Avoid any foods with a label or more than one ingredient. If you do choose to eat processed foods, PLEASE look at the label and see how much sugar has been added. This might be represented as sucrose, high fructose corn syrup, glucose or alcohol sugars. In a lot of cases, “sugar” will be listed, sneakily followed by two or three other ingredients which are also forms of sugar. 95% of processed foods will have sugar added to make it taste better and tempt you consume more. Increasing food manufacturer’s profits… at the cost of your health. Even products like tomato soup that you certainly wouldn’t expect to contain sugar, often contains over 5 teaspoons per can. Proceed with caution. All the little bits adds up. Breakfast cereals tend to be the worst false representation of a healthy food.
5. Eat lots of leafy green vegetables that are high in chlorophyll and will reduce your body’s PH balance. Wheat grass powder is also a great way of getting your greens and reducing your body’s PH.
6. Limit your consumption of beef, pork and lamb to once or twice a week. Try to eat mainly fish and free range chicken/eggs as other sources of protein. When our stomach breaks down meats, it creates more acid.
7. Limit coffee to one to two cups a day. Coffee increases acidity.
8. Exercise regularly, but not to excess. Excessive exercise increases lactic acid production.
9. Make sure you get ample rest and recovery. When we are stressed or tired, our body’s adrenal
cortex secretes higher levels of cortisol. This will make us more stressed, mess with our other hormones and contribute to immunity dysfunctions.
Sugar really is one of the largest factors contributing to our worlds rapidly increasing cases of heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Avoid it and reduce your chances of getting one of these diseases. If you are unfortunate enough to already have one, remove sugar from your diet and I assure you that you will not only feel better, but you will also have a much better quality of life.
It is no coincidence that as our sugar consumption has increased over the past 20 years, the cases of degenerative disease have risen at a comparative level. We now consume 35% less fat than we did 20 years ago, but our average sugar consumption has risen from 26lbs to 135lbs per year!
We need to open our eyes and demand that food manufactures stop sneaking sugar into everything we eat. It’s making us sicker but unfortunately no one is standing up for our rights to have more transparency and education about what is really in our food.
You can make a stand by no longer supporting the big food manufacturers and stop buying their sugary processed foods. Support your local farmers, eat real food and learn how to fall in love with FOOD again!
If you have or know and love someone with cancer, please help them share this article. You won’t see this info being shared by a food manufacturer. This information needs to get out to help the people that need it.
Over the past 14 years, Matt has been a personal trainer, nutritionist and international health club manager in four countries and has helped over 1000 people get into the best shape of their lives.
His methods are tried and true and most importantly, make sense. Over the years, he has gained a wealth of knowledge from trying different methods on himself, as well as his clients and has always been fortunate enough to get results. He has perfected his skills over the years to be able to not only prescribe the right meal plans to achieve his clients goals, but also help educate them to understand how to manage the emotional side of eating and unlearn bad habits.
Matt believes that you must first focus on being healthy and then the body will take care of the weight. Matt teaches his clients the reasons why their body’s do the things they do so that they can be empowered to make educated decisions for themselves on a daily basis. You can find Matt’s nutrition program in our shop. Facebook or his website