Hippocrates Soup – Gerson therapy (which treats many terminal diseases)
Hippocrates soup is part of the Gerson Therapy invented by Dr. Max Gerson. The Gerson Diet is credited with curing many people from terminal diseases such as cancer, tuberculosis, diabetes, arthritis, allergies, ulcers, heart disease, arteriosclerosis, mental disease, kidney disease, Multiple Sclerosis.
This is a soup recipe that heals and strengthens the immune system and kidneys.
Ingredients (Use organic ingredients where possible):
1 medium celery knob or 3-4 stalks of celery
1 medium parsley root — if available
Garlic as desired
2 small leeks or 1 large
1 ½ pounds tomatoes or more
2 medium onions
1 pound of potatoes
Parsley to taste
1. Wash all the vegetables thoroughly, unpeeled, cut in small cubes.
2. Add just enough filtered water to cover the cut vegetables in non-aluminum based pot.
3. Cook all the ingredients under low heat for 1.5-2hours in firmly
4. Remove tender and soft vegetables from heat, run through food mill/blender. Remove fiber or peels.
5. Blend still warm ingredients thoroughly till soup is thick and creamy. Only blend the soup while its warm, otherwise the soup will form a sticky and starchy texture when cooled.
6. Allow soup to cool before storing in refrigerator